The Master in Economics and Finance (MEF) is a 9-months graduate programme that allows students to complete their training in economics and finance.
MEF is entirely in English, and therefore is accessible to students of all countries. Having already been offered for 18 years, it has an established track record.
The program is structuredi in three terms: I term (September-December), II term (January-March) and III term (April-June)
The I and II term provide rigorous training in basic tools for economics and finance. Students take courses in Mathematics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Econometrics, Statistics and Asset Pricing.
The III term offers a wide range of optional courses.
The Master is aimed at two groups of students:
• Those planning to pursue a career in research. Our graduates succesfully enrolled in Ph.D. programs in economics or finance at Berkeley, MIT, Duke, Princeton, Northwestern, Yale, Boston University, London School of Economics, University College London, Oxford, Universitat Pompeu Fabra and Toulouse.
• Those seeking graduate training for a professional career.
Within a year from graduation, our graduates found jobs in banks (Unicredit, San Paolo-Banca Intesa, Citibank, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Royal Bank of Scotland), companies (ENEL, Finsiel, IBM, Wind), public-sector or international institutions (Bank of Italy, Italian Treasury, European Commission, Eurostat), financial and rating companies (Pioneer Investments, Pictet, Link Financial, Moody’s) and consultancies (KPMG, CRA International, Deloitte Consulting, Ernst & Young).
The Master's courses aim to:
• develop problem-solving skills using state-of-the-art analytical tools;
• improve the ability to work effectively in teams, and to present results clearly and effectively;
• acquire the background to proceed further in graduate studies, with a preparation roughly equivalent to the first year of a doctoral program.
The MEF offers a Finance Module specifically designed for students planning to pursue a professional career in finance. During the III Term of the Master, students who choose the Finance Module will select courses from the following:
- Market Microstructure
- Corporate finance
- Business analysis and evaluation
- Portfolio management
- Corporate governance
Courses are taught by faculty with a proven track-record in graduate teaching and research.
The MEF is directed by Prof. Marco Pagnozzi, jointly with Tullio Jappelli, Marco Pagano and Riccardo Martina.
MEF offers scholarships up to €6.000 funded by Compagnia di San Paolo, with priority for foreign students. Monetary prizes are awarded to the best students at the end of the master.